Looking to be a good leader? Start by learning how to communicate effectively. That involves talking as well as listening. Especially today, when communication channels are rapidly increasing and the need for connectivity is in high demand, effective messaging is the cornerstone to business success — and yours!
At Essential Leadership Solutions (ELS), we take pride in equipping our clients with the all of the leadership skills they need to thrive in the workplace — and in all aspects of their lives. If you want to distinguish yourself and produce real business results, good communication skills are a must.
Communication fast facts:
1. Leaders must know how to effectively communicate across the board – co-workers, clients, supervisors and management.
2. Communication is the key that impacts on planning effectiveness and organizational success. Without clear direction, objectives and goals can be compromised.
3. Good communication needs strong interpersonal skills — the qualities and behaviors you need to interact with others while performing your job and accomplishing your goals.
4. Communication and temperament go hand in hand. Good leaders know how to work well with others while performing the job. The exhibit good manners, have a positive attitude, are courteous and have a professional demeanor — all of which helps to build and maintain positive relationships with others.
5. Active listening is a critical part of communication, which requires the listener to fully concentrate, understand, respond and then remember what is being said.
It also requires deferring judgement, letting the sender complete their point before asking questions.
At Essential Leadership Solutions, we have designed our business around shaping leaders so that they can thrive in the workplace. Whether you're just starting out in your career or have some experience, we’ve got online training sessions that will meet — and exceed — your expectations. For more information, contact us today.